Friday, May 3, 2013

Happy May!!

The spring round of the 4 x 5 modern bee is over!  I chose the Arkansas Traveler block using a tutorial and templates by Freshly Pieced for my hive.  It was my first experience with paper piecing and worked out fairly well.  It was fairly time consuming and messy which was not good for my OCD tendencies, but I pushed through and I love these blocks.

For Allison - black, gray, white, pop of aqua
For Emily - yellow orange, turquoise, & gray

For Allison - pink, purple, & aqua
For Lisa - aqua & tangerine

For Ellie - red, navy, & yellow
And unfortunately I was a day late sending 4 of my blocks....I procrastinated until the day before the mailing deadline {because I was a scaredy-cat wimp about paper piecing} and then finally got my cookies together.  Yes, I said cookies....that's the toddler talk coming through!  Made 4 in one night after work...exhausting but worth it.  

Next up:  Blocks received from the spring 4x5 modern quilt bee....

No comments: